The Texas summer is officially here but New Year’s resolutions to increase health and fitness are long gone. From vacations and getaways to graduations and BBQs, busy summer schedules make workouts near impossible to prioritize. So how do you get yourself into the gym to crush workouts once again after your initial enthusiasm has worn off? Let the fitness professionals from Trophy give you a few simple suggestions that will help motivate, encourage and reignite your health and fitness goals:
- UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF EXERCISE Your health is one of the most valuable and irreplaceable possessions in the world. To invest in your health, you must exercise consistently. The benefits of exercise are overwhelming. Besides the obvious benefits of losing weight, looking good, and feeling good, exercise also reduces sickness, disease and improves brain function and learning.
- PLAN IT OUT Proper planning prevents poor performance. After that initial fitness jumpstart, it is very easy to lose sight of why you were exercising in the first place. Picture your end goal – is it weight loss, increasing sports performance, adding muscle, or a mixture of each? Whatever it is, make it a priority on your schedule and plan accordingly to work to achieve your goal.
- REMOVE OBSTACLES Whether its excessive happy hours, work lunches or staying up too late, take action to remove any unnecessary obstacles that may be keeping you from attaining the sweet joys of your goals and increased health!
- BE POSITIVE AND BE CONFIDENT Thinking positive is a powerful tool for self-motivation. It’s okay to look at yourself in the mirror and be proud of your hard work. Feeling good about your appearance will inspire you to continue exercising.
- CONSIDER PERSONAL TRAINING Hiring a certified personal trainer is one of the best ways to get motivated and stay motivated. Personal trainers are worth the investment because they provide structure, accountability, and encouragement. They are experts in designing a specific program based on your goals and will help you maximize your time at the gym.
First decide to make a change, commit to your fitness goals, and don’t let anything or anyone get in your way! At Trophy Fitness, we’re here to serve you and help you achieve your goals. Learn more about personal training and classes here.